FPS students are self-directed, socially aware learners who strive to achieve their full potential. They are creative, critical thinkers who contribute as collaborative and engaged global citizens.
To create a positive, flexible, and collaborative learning environment that encourages academic, social and emotional growth.
We will achieve our mission by:
- Recognising the uniqueness of every child by engaging children as active participants in the learning process. (Child)
- Providing a high quality education program that builds positive learning dispositions, strong personal and social capabilities, and strong leadership, communication, literacy and numeracy skills. (Learning Program)
- Working collaboratively in an inclusive environment. (Community)
- Supporting highly skilled staff who base educational decisions on critical reflection and evidence-based best practices. (Staff)
Educational Practices supporting our vision and mission
- Personalised learning approaches and collaborative practices with a co-constructivist approach.
- Inquiry and play based learning opportunities appropriate to developmental needs.
- Flexible R-6 grouping opportunities.
- Formative assessment, reflection and feedback practices.
- Supporting the development of growth mindset and positive learning dispositions: Reflective, Resourceful, Resilient, Reciprocal
- 6 C’s of Global Competency: Collaboration, Communication, Critical Thinking, Creativity, Character & Citizenship